Day Seven: Just A Wee Cozy

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Today's post comes straight from Twisted in Portland. Cassie and I joined up with the PDX Knit Crawl and went to twenty yarn stores in just two days! We didn't win any of the big prizes but we were smart enough to show up at twisted first, and got some rocking goody bags. In them were a selection of buttons, some magnets, a few patterns and a ball of yarn. The yarn pattern was to be used for a tiny cozy, and boy is it tiny and cozy. I knit this with 32 stitches on size 0 needles, what can I say, I knit super loose. I cast on using the figure eight method which is what gives the little cozy it's very square corners.

All Alone, Out in the Wilderness.
This only took about an hour or two, and was really relaxing once the cast on was done. It perfectly fits my ID and a few cards/cash, so it's just perfect for me. Hopefully, if i always put my cards back in there, I'll be able to find them without rooting through my entire purse, but we'll have to see how it goes. I already knit a second one in a sparkly black yarn for the husband, but I have my doubts as to weather or not he'll want to use it.

0 comments: