Ornaments for every occasion!

Monday, April 27, 2009

So this week was the first weekend that I was back at Portland Saturday Market, and I was surprised at how slow it was. That's neither here nor there, since honestly it gave me a chance to catch up with friends I haven't seen nearly enough in the last couple of months.

It was a great weekend, the weather was a bit cool, but I know we'll all be wishing for that in the next few months. As always I met great people from many places, and was surprised by the amazing things people do!

The weekend did have an odd bittersweet quality, since it SHOULD be our last weekend under the Burnside bridge (well, there will be some booths under the bridge, but over in Waterfront Park). Hopefully everything will run smoothly with the new site, though I know I'm more than nervous.

Also, I thought I'd share some pictures with you. As some of you may know I'm a huge origami fan, though I've never been very good at the really complex forms. I am a huge fan of making little bits, I even make little bits when I'm just bored. I love the crane form, since it represents peace, and everyone can use a little inner and outer peace!

Some lovely cranes waiting for a new home!

Lovely stars all folded and fresh.

Put them together, and you have an ornament!

BoldKeep at it and you'll have a whole box of ornaments.

I Love how simple they are and how much fun they are to make. I'm always surprised that I sell them all year, but then I think of how much we all need a little peace and serenity, and it makes perfect sense.

0 comments: